Reflexology Treatments For Men and Women to help with General Health Balance, Fertility Problems – Pregnancy Support
Reflexology is an ancient practice, which works on the basis that all the body’s organs, glands and systems are mapped out on our feet. Pressure techniques are applied to specific reflexes or points on the feet, stimulating a response in the corresponding part of the body.
The ancient Chinese theory is that energy (Chi) flows through our bodies. If the energy flows freely, we are balanced and healthy, however, obstruction to the flow could result in illness. Crystal deposits found on the feet indicate a sluggish energy flow. By working on these points with reflexology the deposits can be broken down and energy flow can be restored. The body is therefore able to heal itself and get rid of toxins and waste products.
What are the Benefits of Reflexology?
Reflexology works the whole body and is a safe, non-invasive treatment for everyone – men, women, children and babies.
Reflexology induces deep relaxation, increases energy levels and reduces stress. Reflexology helps relieve congestion, aid circulation, relax muscles, calm overactivity in any part of the body and stimulate underactivity. It improves the efficiency of the removal of toxins and impurities and helps build a stronger immune system. It may improve cooperation and coordination between the bodily systems. It is a gentle therapy that aims to encourage the body to work naturally to restore its own healthy balance.
Some of the conditions reflexology can help with are as follows:
- Nervous system: headaches, migraines, insomnia, emotional stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression.
- Endocrine system with hormonal imbalances, menstrual problems, menopause, PMT, Sub fertility/infertility, prostate issues, thyroid imbalance.
- Circulatory and respiratory systems with hypertension (high blood pressure), hypotension (low blood pressure), poor circulation, asthma, sinusitis, Hay fever, bronchitis, pneumonia.
- Lymphatic System: infections, sore throat, swollen ankles.
- Skeletal System: bunion, gout, arthritis, bursitis, scoliosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Digestive system: constipation, postoperative recovery, indigestion, heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome.
- Muscular System: spasm, cramps, sciatica, stiff neck, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder.
- Immune System: viruses, fatigue, arthritis, low immune system.
What should I expect from a Reflexology Treatment?
Following a full consultation, you will lie back on a reclining chair where I will begin working on your feet. During the treatment, you may experience some of the following:
- deep relaxation
- some physical sensations, such as twitching, tingling, a bruised feeling or even a sharp sensation at specific points
- you may even have an emotional reaction, perhaps feel tearful
- After the treatment, in the first 24-48 hours, you may experience some of the following:
- a feeling of well-being
- awareness of feeling relaxed, rejuvenated or invigorated
- exacerbation of presenting symptoms, eg, diarrhoea, muscle ache, headache
- extreme tiredness or feeling sleepy
- emotional reactions, like tearfulness or mood swings
These types of reactions to the treatment are known as healing responses where there is a temporary increase in symptoms and are a sign that your body is going through the process of cleansing itself of impurities, toxins and imbalances.
We offer reflexology in Bromley, Chislehust, Beckenham, Sidcup and Croydon.
For more information on Fertility/Pregnancy Reflexology press here